If you have landed a great job in the mines, Congrats Mate!
Now you need to figure out what to pack for your first FIFO swing!
- Personal toiletries (bring your own soap), regular medication and maybe some painkillers
- Glasses if you wear them
- Take a screenshot of all your personal details such as emergency contacts, tax file number, banking details, superannuation numbers, copies tickets etc. just in case you need them.
Looking after your feet:
- Good quality work socks (get them here)
- Casual clothes for the dining areas (get these here)
- Comfortable, steel-capped boots
- Tinea cream – your feet are likely to get sweaty and hot, the perfect conditions for tinea to thrive.
- Thongs to wear after work, trust me, your feet are going to want to breathe!
- Battery-operated torch. Power outages are a thing. Get one here.
- Laptop – stay connected, most sites have WIFI
- Phone – most sites have Telstra coverage
- Chargers. Get one here.
- Washing powder so you can do some laundry
- Plastic bag to put dirty clothes in
- Coat hangers so you can hang up your clothes and keep them aired
- Cash for drinks and snack food at the wet mess