G'day, mates! Welcome to another ripper post from The Nipper Store blog. Today, we're gonna have a yarn about how you, the hard-working blue collar miners, can create the best resume when applying for new jobs in the underground mining and FIFO (Fly In, Fly Out) industries. We know that landing that dream job can be a tough nut to crack, so we're here to give you a fair shake of the sauce bottle with some top-notch resume tips.
- Clear and concise contact information
- Make sure your name, phone number, email address, and address are easy to find and up-to-date.
- Use a professional-sounding email address (i.e., no "email@example.com").
- Include a short, eye-catching title that reflects your experience and the job you're applying for (e.g., "Experienced Underground Miner Seeking FIFO Opportunity").
- Briefly mention your career goals and the value you bring to the table.
- List your jobs in reverse chronological order, starting with the most recent.
- Emphasise your experience in underground mining and FIFO roles, including any specific machinery or equipment you've used.
- Use action words like "operated," "maintained," or "supervised" to describe your duties.
- Include relevant certifications and licenses, such as a First Aid Certificate or Working at Heights ticket.
- Mention any mining-specific training you've received, like underground mining inductions or confined space training.
- Don't forget about trade qualifications, like diesel mechanic or electrician, if they're relevant to the job you're applying for.
- Emphasise your commitment to safety by mentioning any safety awards, training, or initiatives you've participated in.
- Use examples to show how you've contributed to a safe work environment, like identifying hazards or leading safety briefings.
- Highlight relevant hard skills, like equipment operation, welding, or electrical work.
- Don't forget soft skills, like communication, teamwork, and problem-solving, that make you a top-notch team player in the underground mining and FIFO world.
- List two or three professional references who can vouch for your experience and character.
- Make sure you get permission from your references and give them a heads up that they might receive a call.
With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to crafting a resume that'll make potential employers say, "Strewth, we've gotta give this bloke a shot!"
Remember, mates, you can always drop by The Nipper Store for more industry tips, news, and of course, the best gear for your underground mining and FIFO adventures. Catch you later and keep safe out there.